As I approach completion of the rendering component of the project, I'm going to need to make sure that everything is really polished and well-done. Right now, the system is good, but there are still some noticeable problems. I have been avoiding these until now because I usually looked at fairly noisy images.
After 20 minutes of rendering, however, the problems become apparent, as the rest of the image smooths out:
There are two distinct black-ish lines on the ship that I can't figure out. On top of that, there's the ever-present problem of discontinuities near the edge. At this quality, the discontinuous normals are also very prominent, and the lack of texture is pretty detracting.
There's still a lot of refining that needs to be done before this tracer will be ready to produce a professional-quality image like those that PBRT yields, but I have faith that it'll get there!

No comments:
Post a Comment