Welder now has 3D Worley noise as an intrinsic (quite a powerful intrinsic...), so I've got everything I need to make asteroids in Welder now. I've been playing around with more detailed asteroids. I'm also working on a cratering algorithm for extra realism. So far, the results have been fantastic, although the cratering algorithm is very slow for high-resolution roids. Unfortunately, this is just the price I'll have to pay for using a scripting language (although the algorithm would still be slow in c++).
Here are some results. Disregard the horrible texture on the second asteroid, it's just there so that the details are more visible.
I'm really happy with the level of detail of these asteroids. Of course, asteroids were never really a challenging problem for this project...but it's good to know that they're basically solved.
Here's the code (I just change the seed to get a new roid):



No comments:
Post a Comment