This post officially marks the 100th screenshot that I've uploaded to this blog (not including shots of Welder code or inspirational images). I think it's fitting that it should be a pretty good one!
I'm hard at work on figuring out how to build ships, and the results are promising, but not perfect yet. Still, it's pretty impressive that one can build this out of nothing more than math, using a pretty simple programming language!
I won't post the Welder code for that one, since it's pretty lengthy (70 lines). There's a lot going on in that image, including highly-detailed guns that are welded onto the hull.
Unfortunately, I should mention that this screenshot is cheating a bit: notice how nice the texture looks? Well, it's really coincidence that the triplanar texturing just happens to line up in such a way that dark stripes seem to decorate the hull. That's not actually part of my design/code, and it boosts the aesthetics significantly. Take note: well-placed stripes would make a pleasing texture for the final thing...

No comments:
Post a Comment