Saturday, June 9, 2012

Final Image

Well, here it is...the final image that I'll be submitting to the competition on Monday:


I'm honestly extremely happy with this image!  I never thought that I'd be able to get something that looks this good.  Sure, the ship isn't perfectly real-looking, and sure, the gas could be a teensy bit crisper.  But wow, I really feel like I achieved a piece of space concept art!

Regardless of what happens at the competition, I've achieved my goal.  I made an image that I'm proud of, and I did so using a lot of cool technology, including a new procedural modeling language and GPU path tracer (with Metropolis!).  And I learned sooooo much during the course of the past two months!

It took so, so many hours of work.  But I think it was worth it.  We'll see if the judges agree!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment